Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Issues with NMAP changing license

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Issues with NMAP changing license
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 21:27:44 -0400

CC to:
* gnu-linux-libre@nongnu.org
* directory-discuss@gnu.org
* licensing@fsf.org

pardon the cross-posting; but this issue has languished

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 19:38:26 -0400 bill-auger wrote:
> has the FSF determined if the current nmap license is acceptable?

the FSD entry has be hidden since january, with this notice:

> This software has failed the license review due to a defect in
> the official license. We hid the page to prevent accidental
> downloads of non-free code while we investigate the issue.

given that nmap has been effectively removed from the FSD, it
strongly indicates that FSDG distros should not distribute nmap;
yet they still do - some resolution is needed; and i believe
that only the FSF licensing team could make the determination

please advise