Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Proposal to revise FSDG to exclude SaaSS-only soft

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Proposal to revise FSDG to exclude SaaSS-only software clients
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 08:01:04 +0000

On 4/14/21 6:42 AM, Jean Louis wrote:
* Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> [2021-04-14 08:43]:

   > Do you say that what I have mentioned, such as software that is
   > connecting to PRISM members is not and should not be criteria for
   > FSDG?

That should not be a criterion.

Our criterion is for distros that are entirely free software.  It is
_not_ intended to rule out all software that raises any known moral
issue of any kind.
Alright, by that statement is meant that FSDG is pretty liberal.

Users who value decentralization and freedom will need to make their
own choices.
They've just started https://gnu.tools/en/blog/2021/04/kicking-off-the-gnu-assembly/