Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Issues with NMAP changing license

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Issues with NMAP changing license
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 19:38:26 -0400

From:   Donald Robertson
> until we get things resolved, we'll want to be avoiding
> nmap-7.90, and sticking with the previous 7.80 version under the
> old license. Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

people are informing us that nmap-7.91 has the original license
restored; also noting that the original license was not the GPL
and should be reviewed

the FSD page is hidden; but it has a link to the 7.91 tarball

has the FSF determined if the current nmap license is acceptable?

should we discuss the license on this list, on the FSD list?

or should we wait for further notice?