Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Hyperbola: Final comments

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Hyperbola: Final comments
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 13:32:24 -0400

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 18:01:02 +0200 Jean wrote:
> yet I do not see a checklist for those other
> distributions

those other two were added by donald because they were considered to have been
already fully evaluated before the new checklist we made - so a checklist could
be filled for them now but they would both be at 100% completion - if you have
any objections against either of them; do open another thread about it

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 18:01:02 +0200 Jean wrote:
> For any business we
> do, we put timelines and have expectations.

this is not exactly a business though - FSF is a charity and the rest here are
volunteers - the FSF has no explicit mandate or obligation to evaluate distros
- it is just one of the many "campaigns" they try to do for the grander goal of
promoting free software - as i understand it, most such campaigns rely heavily
on volunteers to make them happen at all

personally, i would like to see all three of them endorsed by the end of 2018;
but i would not see any cause for concern unless none of them have changed
status by then