Re: [GNU-linux-libre] DSFG in perpetuity

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] DSFG in perpetuity
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 07:15:43 -0700 (PDT)

> keep it updated in an automated way

I'm not sure I'd be onboard with that idea. My understanding is that the
Parabola folk will blacklist a package as soon as an allegation is made, as
part of a "blacklist first, research second" type of policy. I don't mean
to criticize the Parabola folk for this though because such a policy
probably does not conflict with the FSDG but I think a list of common
freedom problems that we're asking other distros to take action on should
only consist of ones that have been researched and confirmed to be valid,
which is how that list has historically been maintained. So an automated
rote importing would probably not be a good idea, IMHO.