Re: [GNU-linux-libre] what of the distros that have already asked for co

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] what of the distros that have already asked for consideration or have been partially evaluated?
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 18:16:10 -0400

On 03/22/2018 05:25 PM, Ivan Zaigralin wrote:
> I agree: if a distro can't fix a freedom bug for an extended period of time,
> we should assume utter incompetence or bad faith, and there should be a path
> to revoke/reset the certification.

sure for those blatant reasons - but generally just to have a mechanism
to discourage stagnation or "petering out" of interest - to keep at the
least, the review manager and the distro maintainers exhibiting the
ambition to progress forward at some detectable speed - accommodating
also for the event that the distro maintainers are in good faith but
perhaps it is the review manager that is impeding progress