Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1262331] (inactive Linux distributions)

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1262331] (inactive Linux distributions)
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 11:22:04 -0800 (PST)

Therese Godefroy via RT <address@hidden> wrote ..

> I would be delighted to comment out Blag until it resurrects.

The free distro page is supposed to be maintained by the FSF's
Licensing and Compliance Lab, not the GNU Webmasters. Given that the
GNU Webmasters aren't supposed to add new distros [0] I would take
that to also include not removing them either. Commenting one out
could be seen as the equivalent of removing it since people would not
see it without examining the page source.

Given that the FSF adds the descriptions when adding the distros
making changes to their descriptions could be equally problematic.

I think we should wait for someone from the Licensing and Compliance
Lab, or the FSF at large, to reply before making any changes to that page.

[0] https://www.gnu.org/server/standards/