Re: [GNU-linux-libre] PureOS non-free repo

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] PureOS non-free repo
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 20:55:17 -0500

On 01/20/2018 01:54 PM, Caleb Herbert wrote:

>> So in some ways maybe it could be seen as similar to RPM Fusion?
>
> That's what I think, and it makes sense that the RPM Fusion method was
> accepted, because the FSDG derives from Fedora guidelines.

to be clear, the "RPM Fusion method" is acceptable because fedora does
not officially endorse or even recommend it - it's softwre is accessed
only by the user explicitly adding the foreign URL to their mirror list;
which could be any standard RPM repo hosted by anyone, just as ubuntu
"PPA"s can be easily used in trisquel or debian non-free repos can be
easily used in pureos and gnewsense, if the user choses to do so - it is
not the aim of the FSDG to prevent users from installing their choice of
software; only that FSDG distros should not recommend or assist in using
non-free software