Re: [GNU-linux-libre] add uruk gnu/linux

From: Robert Call
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] add uruk gnu/linux
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 11:57:00 -0500

On Fri, 2018-01-19 at 10:57 -0500, bill-auger wrote:
> On 01/19/2018 03:19 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> > hi
> > What about add uruk gnu/linux to gnu free list
> > I asck this Questions  again
> > Let's finish this long long story
> >

> the FSDG says to request evaluation by sending an email to
> <address@hidden> with a description of the system and a link to
> the
> distro web page

Responding in this way does not help since they had already done this.
There have been a few threads already about Uruk GNU/Linux. I'm still
quite infuriated that the Free Software Foundation is giving special
treatment for some over others. At lest Uruk uses the linux-libre
kernel and they did set up their own repository that they control.
While they still leverage Trisquel's repositories, I could understand
that it does take quite a bit in terms of infrastructure to fully
maintain a standalone repository. The FSF should be willing to help if
there is a problem with a lack of infrastructure. If I need to reach
out to Uruk and try to remedy this issue I will.

If the FSF continues to pick favorites, I personally would have to
withdraw my support of the Free Software Foundation.

--
Robert Call (Bob)
address@hidden