Re: [GNU-linux-libre] gnu.org "Free GNU/Linux distributions" list update

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] gnu.org "Free GNU/Linux distributions" list updates
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 17:30:53 +0300

On Sun, Aug 06, 2017 at 03:46:45PM +0200, Henry Jensen wrote:

> Am Sat, 5 Aug 2017 18:00:20 -0500
> schrieb "J.B. Nicholson" <address@hidden>:
>
> > - there could be resource limitations involved here too: I see on
> > https://connochaetos.org/wiki/ that ConnochaetOS "is available for
> > x86 (32 bit) only" and directs users looking for an x86_64 libre
> > Slackware GNU/Linux distro elsewhere.
>
> I don't think, that this is a problem. Of course you can run
> ConnochaetOS on any x86_64 machine, The link to the freeslack project
> shouldn't be a problem either, since the page at
> https://www.gnu.org/distros/common-distros.html also links to the
> very same project.

I did not see the link.

I see that Slackware is listed there as one of
distroes not endorsed.

I do think that a free distro should not direct
users to non-free distroes.

> > By the same token we don't know exactly what you sent to them or when
> > you sent feedback to them. Would you forward a copy of your feedback
> > to them to this mailing list?
>
> Since this was 7 years ago some of the mail communication may be lost.
> However, there is an old thread oin this mailing list:
>
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnu-linux-libre/2011-08/msg00026.html

The forum link for bug reporting is not working,
maybe you need some system, or special page or
form to offer to people to submit bugs.

Jean