Re: [GNU-linux-libre] MAME

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] MAME
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 10:14:49 -0700 (PDT)

J.B. Nicholson <address@hidden> wrote ..
> Julian Marchant wrote:
> > As far as I know, all Flash objects are non-libre.
>
> How do you figure this?

I think they are referring to the ActionScript code [0] to construct the
player (or whatever else.) It is usually not free which means that you're
still running non-free software in the end, even if you're using a free
software player like Gnash to interpret it and just "watching the video."
It seems to be a similar problem to the JavaScript Trap [1].

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActionScript
[1] https://gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.html