Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Reviewing the GNU system for FSDG compliance

From: Joshua Gay
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Reviewing the GNU system for FSDG compliance
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 16:35:04 -0500

On 11/18/2014 04:17 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Any update on the status of the FSDG-compliance review for GNU Guix?
>
> Joshua told me some progress had been made, but I want to make sure it
> doesn’t get stuck or something.  ;-)  Let me know if any action is
> needed on our side to help with this.

The GNU Guix distribution of GNU/Linux meets all of our criteria and
will be an endorsed distro so long as RMS decides the way the project is
described on the Guix homepage does not create confusion or lead users
to believe that it is the official GNU System. I pinged RMS again asking
him to review this and hopefully he will get back to me soon. I don't
think that this needs to be discussed further on this list as we already
have other separate threads open about this.

Sorry if I was not clear about this in our previous discussions.

Josh

--
Joshua Gay
Licensing & Compliance Manager  <http://www.fsf.org/licensing>