Re: [GNU-linux-libre] withdraw request for endorsement for GdNewHat.

From: Abdur-Rahman Morgan
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] withdraw request for endorsement for GdNewHat.
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 19:04:28 -0400

Good Day All,

On 05/29/2014 04:27 PM, Jaromil wrote:

> hi Shintaro,
>
> On Fri, 16 May 2014, Shintaro Shinozaki wrote:
>
>> I would like to withdraw request for endorsement for GdNewHat
>> because I decided  to give help to restart BLAG distro and
>> close GdNewHat project at the end of current release in order
>> to shift development from binary base distro to source one.

Development for the next release of BLAG has started. I have yet to
announce it officially to this list, but now seems a better time than ever.

> I appreciate your intentions and think BLAG is worth restarting.

jayeola, was supposed to be in contact back in 2010. If that did not
materialize as it should have, I apologize for the distance the
community has kept from the other distros. You can contact me directly
with any questions or concerns or just send an e-mail to the mailing
lists[0]. He sent us a message last week[1].

> I've tried to facilitate that process and hosted some of the materials
> including the last thing Jebba did Freeeee which was BLAG tailored for
> EEEPC. He moved on to new projects since some years now..

Your message was originally directed at Shintaro and we have been in
contact outside this list. We will need help with hosting mirrors for
the future.

Cyrille, developed the BLAG 140000 release with the help of Koko and
veganix. Koko developed the Alpha for the BLAG 160000. I've just
released our BLAG 200000 Pre-Alpha[2], for GNOME and MATE and in June, I
will be releasing our LXDE and XFCE Alpha. My planned release date is
October 22, 2014[3] to commemorate 12 years since jebba distributed
released the first. This is close to the time that Fedora is expect to
release the Fedora 21 and I hope that we will be releasing 210000
several months after.

> In case you need help with hosting materials or backups, please let me
> know, I'm happy to share the hosting infrastructure we have at dyne.org
> with the BLAG project. There was an alive community willing to revamp it
> back in 2009, but the distro really needs a lead developer who knows the
> Fedora architecture well.

He replied to the BLAG mailing list, so whether he is alive or not is no
longer a question. I believe that what he is working on with LulzBot and
Open Hardware, complements what he was doing here, but I think it is
valuable for us all.

> I wonder if Jebba is reading :^)

I'll be sending a follow-up message and until then enjoy your day ahead!

> ciao

[0]http://lists.blagblagblag.org/
[1]http://blagblagblag.org/pipermail/blag-users_blagblagblag.org/2014-May/000001.html

[2]blagblagblag.org/pipermail/blag-users_blagblagblag.org/20140524/000003.html

[3]http://wiki.blagblagblag.org/Roadmap