Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [Parabola MIPS Port] Update and current status

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [Parabola MIPS Port] Update and current status
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 08:16:21 -0500

El 18/03/11 22:44, Nicolás Reynolds escribió:
Hi, just wanted to let you know what's the status of the Parabola port to
the MIPS architecture, optimized for loongson2f (Lemote machines). In case
you don't know, we have to rebuild all of Parabola packages from the
ground up.

We have almost all [core] working, and a bootable system that's usable and
stable. We also have a native toolchain provided by wobsite!

Wobsite is also attending at LibrePlanet 2011, that starts today, so if
you meet him there he can tell you all the funny and not so funny stories
of the porting work :)

I think we'll soon have an installable medium. Right now, if you have a
Lemote machine you can untar this archive[0], which contains the base and
base-devel groups needed to boot and start packaging.

[0] http://repo.parabolagnulinux.org/mips64el/base.tar.gz

This si great. Congratulations! A big thank you to all Parabola team for making this world have more freedom.

Is there a howto for people who want to try it?