Re: [GNU-linux-libre] The "Free" Kernel In Debian Squeeze

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] The "Free" Kernel In Debian Squeeze
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 06:03:07 -0200

On Jan 13, 2011, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

>     Once the rebasing and the remembering you described above (and I
>     described before) are easily integrated into git pull/merge/rebase, I
>     believe so.

> Why does it matter to integrate them into git?

For better interoperability, so that it's not harder for us to use third
parties' branches, and so that we don't run into difficulties when
interoperating (say contributing patches) to third parties who don't use
our branch.

> Using a special command for the conversion is no big deal.

To create and maintain our branches, I agree it isn't.  For third
parties to use them along with stuff they already have, I think it is.