[GNU-linux-libre] has dosemu freedom issues?

From: Henry Jensen
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] has dosemu freedom issues?
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 18:45:49 +0100

Hello,.

a user of my distro asked if we can include dosemu, another user said, that
we can't because dosemu has freedom issues.

To quote the user:
"the DOS part needs OpenWatcom (OSS, but NOT libre) or TurboC/TurboC++ (gratis
not libre)
to build." The "DOS part" refers to FreeDOS.

OpenWatcom is released under the "Open Watcom Public License". The FSF license
list don't
mention it.

Has anyone more insight regarding this matter?

Regards,

Henry