Re: [GNU-linux-libre] default search engines

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] default search engines
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 19:46:43 +0100

Karl Goetz wrote:
hi all,
I was wondering if anyone had patched their default browser(s) to point
to search engines which have better privacy policies then the big ones?
Today I've looked at these [1], so i was wondering if anyone else has
investigated.
kk

[1] https://duckduckgo.com , https://ssl.scroogle.org/ ,
https://us2.ixquick.com/eng/ , http://www.yauba.com

I searched for "test" on yauba.com and it came back with several result sections, among them "Word results" and "Powerpoint results". Not the best option for a free distro IMO.