Re: [GNU-linux-libre] updates on nonfsg page

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] updates on nonfsg page
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 09:48:06 +1030

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 23:09:53 GMT
address@hidden (Karl Berry) wrote:

> (Sorry for the delayed reply.)
>
>     So i'm clear - lucida is a group of fonts available in xorg, which
>     are non-free?
>
> Right, although it may be "was" rather than "is".  I don't even know

09:45:16 address@hidden: /home/debian-mirror $ zgrep lucida
dists/testing/Contents-i386.gz
usr/share/doc/libplib-doc/examples/fnt/data/old/lucida.txf.gz doc/libplib-doc
usr/share/doc/libplib-doc/examples/fnt/data/old/lucidabright_bold.txf.gz
doc/libplib-doc
usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-lucida/LucidaBrightDemiBold.ttf
non-free/fonts/sun-java6-fonts
usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-lucida/LucidaBrightDemiItalic.ttf
non-free/fonts/sun-java6-fonts
usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-lucida/LucidaBrightItalic.ttf
non-free/fonts/sun-java6-fonts
usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-lucida/LucidaBrightRegular.ttf
non-free/fonts/sun-java6-fonts
usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-lucida/LucidaSansDemiBold.ttf
non-free/fonts/sun-java6-fonts
usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-lucida/LucidaSansDemiOblique.ttf
non-free/fonts/sun-java6-fonts
usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-lucida/LucidaSansOblique.ttf
non-free/fonts/sun-java6-fonts
usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-lucida/LucidaSansRegular.ttf
non-free/fonts/sun-java6-fonts
usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-lucida/LucidaTypewriterBold.ttf
non-free/fonts/sun-java6-fonts
usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-lucida/LucidaTypewriterBoldOblique.ttf
non-free/fonts/sun-java6-fonts
usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-lucida/LucidaTypewriterOblique.ttf
non-free/fonts/sun-java6-fonts
usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-lucida/LucidaTypewriterRegular.ttf
non-free/fonts/sun-java6-fonts
usr/share/games/FlightGear/Fonts/lucida.txf                 games/fgfs-base
usr/share/games/FlightGear/Fonts/lucidabright_bold.txf      games/fgfs-base

Looks like ttf-lucida is all in non-free for Debian these days, but
probably something to investigate a little closer (eg, embedded copies).

> whether the lucida bitmaps are still included in current xfree86.  I
> just noticed them in the package list when reviewing some distro
> application or another (years+ ago).

ok, thanks for the heads up.
kk

--