Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Review of Trisquel 4.0 at Distrowatch

From: graziano
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Review of Trisquel 4.0 at Distrowatch
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 10:46:57 +0200

On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 23:48:35 +0200, Henry Jensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> He writes:
> "I am pro open-source software. Given the choice between a FOSS solution
> and a
> proprietary alternative, I would rather use the FOSS option. But in
> preferring
> libre solutions, I don't have anything against closed-source programs.
> Some FOSS-only distributions strike me as being more anti-proprietary
than
> pro-free. [...] Frankly, I'm less interested in a revolution[...]"
>
> I am thinking about answering him, explaining, that he confuses "open
> source"
> with "free software" and what "free software" is all about. Maybe you
want
> to write
> him as well - or would this be futile?
>
> Regards,
>
> Henry

Hi Henry,

thanks for writing.

I read the message and I already understood the type of guy. You will not
make him change his ideas no matter how polite, or how many emails you will
send him.

Of course you should try maybe with a private email but he already said he
has "anything against closed-source programs" so he's not the type
interested in using or supporting a libre distros because he just doesn't
care.

Please let's understand we can't convince the world.

We should choose our battles wisely.

--
Graziano - http://sorbaioli.org