Re: [GNU-linux-libre] mmv

From: Brett Smith
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] mmv
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 09:44:27 -0400

On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 21:42 +1030, Karl Goetz wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 07:59:37 +0100
> Paul O'Malley <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On 05/10/10 00:56, Karl Berry wrote:
> > >      >
> > > http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/m/mmv/mmv_1.01b-14/mmv.copyright
> > >      >  Clearly nonfree.
> > >      >  Then they should change the license to actually *be* the
> > >      > GPL :).
>
> > This message is to serve as an announcement that I am changing the
> > copyright of mmv to GPL.
>
> Does this mean we need to get confirmation from the other contributors
> (as listed) to get their code re licenced too?

Maybe.  Can someone track down when they added their code?  The answer
might be different depending on whether that happened before or after
the license was changed to the GPL.

--
Brett Smith
License Compliance Engineer, Free Software Foundation

Support the FSF by becoming an Associate Member: http://fsf.org/jf