Re: [GNU-linux-libre] acpica-unix

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] acpica-unix
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 21:57:51 +0930

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 00:15:22 GMT
address@hidden (Karl Berry) wrote:

>     I have doubts about the text (for me) complex of this license
>     http://www.acpica.org/downloads/unix_source_code.php Free?
>
> Not that I'm one to make an official qualification of anything, but I
> don't see anything immediately nonfree in there.  It appears to be
> more or less X11-ish plus an export clause.  The export clause makes
> it GPL-incompatible, but not nonfree.

I'm wondering a bit at the starting wording 'By loading or using the
Software, you agree to the terms of this Agreement. If you do not wish
to so agree, do not install or use the Software.'

Is this something we worry about, or only if it appears /in/ the
licence text?

> Perhaps others here will spot something more problematic.  Or maybe
> debian-legal or others have already researched it?

Starts: http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2005/10/msg00121.html

Is this the same package?
kk

--