Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Status of google chrome and chromium

From: A.J. Venter
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Status of google chrome and chromium
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:43:26 +0200

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 1:23 AM, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
>    The extension site doesn't give any
>    indication of the license of any particular extension
>    (https://chrome.google.com/extensions). So unless there is some sort
>    of requirement by google that only free extensions go there, it's a
>    possible problem for free distros.
>
> We might want to raise this issue with Google
> and ask them to post only free extensions.

Worth a try  - it would make it quite a bit easier there. Just to
answer the other question - yes it is directly referenced, on the
extensions management tool this page is linked as a source for getting
new extensions.

On the plugin side, there is also a catch - I can find no way to make
chromium use gnash or libsfw - but it seems to be able to import adobe
flash from firefox if it's there... so we have a browser that seems to
only support the non-free flash plugin, I will
do some more checking though - I may just be missing the methodology.

A.J.
adobe

--
A.J. Venter
Founder and lead developer, Kongoni GNU/Linux