Re: [GNU-linux-libre] editable sections on Software_blacklist

From: Brett Smith
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] editable sections on Software_blacklist
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:36:29 -0400

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 10:43 +1030, Karl Goetz wrote:
> Does anyone know if we can move the package heading outside the
> packages info box? This would allow us editable sections. I think the
> page has got to the point where they would be very helpful.

I agree; I think the current structure is more or less good but it's
getting a little unwieldy to edit.  Being able to split each package
into its own section would help a lot.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about this sort of Mediawiki
programming.  I can barely mimic the other infoboxes I see.  :)  But if
we're thinking about how to improve things, there are a couple of small
things I think would help:

* Change "Fixed from version" to say "Recommended fix" -- we're already
using it along those lines anyway.  :)

* Make at least some of the fields (I had in mind H, F, R, and C)
optional, so that if they're not specified, the information just doesn't
show up in the box at all.  These are not really appropriate for every
entry: there is no fix for unrar yet, the problem with Firefox can't be
illustrated through the copyright file, etc.

Sound good?

--
Brett Smith
Licensing Compliance Engineer, Free Software Foundation

Support the FSF by becoming an Associate Member: http://fsf.org/jf