Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Re: Freedom issues with non-free firmware in exter

From: Daniel Olivera
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Re: Freedom issues with non-free firmware in external files
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:07:20 +0200

Karl Goetz escribió:
> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 18:28:53 +0200
> Rubén Rodríguez Pérez <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>> Why does the firmware load mechanism need to be disabled? I'd have
>>> thought leaving it enabled is more likely to encourage development
>>> on free alternatives (by lowering the barrier to entry when it
>>> comes to testing them).
>> I don't know if such a driver encourages or helps developers (I think
>> it does not). The point is that we should never distribute a piece of
>> software that can *only* work if the user feeds it with a non-free
>> program. The method you choose to avoid that problem is up to you.
>
> I've thought about this. It occurs to me gNS removes ndiswrapper for
> this reason, so I can see how it follows logically into the kernel
> space too.
> I'm somewhat confused internally now... something I need to think more
> on I think.
> kk

All problems are because we don't have a clear line to decide.
Any personal opinion is this, a personal.

Personal opinion is based in interpretation of unknown situation or
scenarios about users.

Personal opinion es non real situation of the users and imaginative
situation without any data about it.

In this situation error is so big allways.

Our job may be clear about this "line".
Packages with 4 freedoms may be included, work or not, experimental or not.
Any packages without 4 freedoms is not included.

That is clear and don't need any personal opinion or interpretative
situation based in unknown situation.

Regards!

happy hacking!!
--
Daniel Olivera (mate.cosido, aun fuera de la ley)
Director Proyecto UTUTO (Argentina)

"Soy y seré comunista hasta el último dia de mi vida"
"La vida no vale nada si no es para perecer porque otros puedan tener,
lo que uno disfruta ya" Pablo Milanes.

Correo Electrónico  : address@hidden - address@hidden

Argentina - Teléfono: +54  11 5353-9494 Extension: 2943434
España    - Teléfono: +34 957 780744          Fax: +34 957 780645
Sistemas VoIP       : ututo01 (Skype/Ekiga)
Mensajeros          : Jabber: address@hidden
                         ICQ: 8368437
Blog                : www.ututo.org/daniel