Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Re: Freedom issues with non-free firmware in exter

From: Daniel Olivera
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Re: Freedom issues with non-free firmware in external files
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:56:42 +0200

Yavor Doganov escribió:
> Daniel Olivera wrote:
>>> So you say that a free program that is only usable in conjuction
>>> with a non-free one is OK to use (and distribute)?
>> Usable or not if some package have 4 freedoms is free software.
>
> I am not arguing that it's not free software -- it is.  I am arguing
> that we should reject such programs, because using them implies using
> non-free software.  Until those problems are fixed, they should not be
> distributed.  It doesn't matter much that their license respects the
> freedoms; if users have to install proprietary software (be it a
> non-free library, compiler, JVM, non-free firmware...) such packages
> are useless.

Iḿ not agree with this.
if packages have 4 freedoms is free software.
If work better but if not same is free software.

Gnash work fatal, but is free software.

>> In any case, if all users will be use a "personal opinion" all users
>> could decide about non-free software using "personal opinion".
>
> Setting the distro's policy is a matter of judgement that is made by
> its maintainers; this inherently includes "personal" elements.

Cross a street with green light also!
But you use a regalmentation, even if you don't see eny car.

is ok cross a street with red light, even if any car come?
reglamentation don't evalute particular cases say a reglamentatio.
Red light is stop.

Any package with 4 freedoms is free software.

>> We vill never block software.
>
> Free software that depends on non-free software is already blocked, or
> more correctly said, "trapped".  By ditributing it you are saying to
> your users that such software is legitimate.
>
>> you don't need teach about the history, I write de history.
>
> OK.  I certainly don't write the history, but I'd still encourage you
> to read the Java Trap article.  You don't seem to understand what is
> it all about.

Trap is a trap.
You advise "warning: this is a trap".

If user continue is your desicion.

Like other acction for humans.

Any advice is thatm an advice.
An alarm to prevent to humans about next step

human decide, in all cases information is a way to select best choice.

Regards

happy hacking!!
--
Daniel Olivera (mate.cosido, aun fuera de la ley)
Director Proyecto UTUTO (Argentina)

"Soy y seré comunista hasta el último dia de mi vida"
"La vida no vale nada si no es para perecer porque otros puedan tener,
lo que uno disfruta ya" Pablo Milanes.

Correo Electrónico  : address@hidden - address@hidden

Argentina - Teléfono: +54  11 5353-9494 Extension: 2943434
España    - Teléfono: +34 957 780744          Fax: +34 957 780645
Sistemas VoIP       : ututo01 (Skype/Ekiga)
Mensajeros          : Jabber: address@hidden
                         ICQ: 8368437
Blog                : www.ututo.org/daniel