gnu-emacs-sources

Re: [NonGNU ELPA] Smartparens version 17.2

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [NonGNU ELPA] Smartparens version 17.2
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 15:14:50 -0400

ELPA update [2022-11-02 05:05:19] wrote:
> Version 17.2 of package Smartparens has just been released in NonGNU ELPA.

Huh... this is embarrassing.

I wish the above was a lie, but no, my scripts did decide to release
a non-existing 17.2 version of smartparens.

The bug that caused this spectacular mess up was unsurprisingly linked
to a part of the code where I used an advice :-(

I'm very sorry about that.  I tried to undo the damage as best as
I could (the whole setup is based around the idea of never re-creating
a file, so moving "forward" is easy but moving backward is more tricky).

        Stefan