[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[GNU ELPA] Detached version 0.9.2
[GNU ELPA] Detached version 0.9.2
Tue, 01 Nov 2022 17:02:38 -0400
Version 0.9.2 of package Detached has just been released in GNU ELPA.
You can now find it in M-x list-packages RET.
Detached describes itself as:
A package to launch, and manage, detached processes
More at https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/detached.html
DETACHED.EL - CHANGELOG
Table of Contents
2. Version 0.9.2 (2022-11-01)
3. Version 0.9.1 (2022-09-22)
4. Version 0.9.0 (2022-09-16)
5. Version 0.8.1 (2022-09-08)
6. Version 0.8.0 (2022-09-02)
2 Version 0.9.2 (2022-11-01)
• Use `display-buffer' in `detached-list' in order for users to more
easily customize the display of the buffer.
• Add concept of `filters' to quickly apply a set of narrow criteria.
• Speed up initialization of sessions.
• Narrow criteria are persistent and applied when resuming detached
• Add narrow criterion which searches through the output of all
sessions in detached list which matches a regexp.
• Add database hook in order for detached list to update automatically
when a session is updated.
• Add annotation property to session. This allows users to add a
custom annotation to a session, see it as a possibility to document
a session for the future.
• Implement mode-line indicator for criteria in `detached-list'
• Add command for initializing a session directory
• Add integration with `nano-modeline'
• Add `detached-describe-session' command
• Add unique narrow criteria
3 Version 0.9.1 (2022-09-22)
• Fix bug with detaching in `shell'
4 Version 0.9.0 (2022-09-16)
• Add `detached-list' user interface. It is an alternative user
interface where it is easier to manage the `detached'
sessions. Commands to mark, toggle, and narrow based on different
criteria are available.
• Rework session initialization and validation. This also improves the
way Emacsen co-operates in term of updating sessions that become
inactive. The new approach is described under `architecture' in
• Improved handling of remote sessions. The package will only try to
initialize sessions that are accessible when package loads. Other
active sessions it will wait until a remote connection has been
established before they are being watched.
5 Version 0.8.1 (2022-09-08)
• Adjust default location for sessions, from a directory under
`temporary-file-directory' to `user-emacs-directory'. This change is
for security reasons in case the user shares the computer with other
users. By default sessions will not be removed on reboots, the user
can use `M-x detached-delete-sessions' to clear old sessions
• Fix bug when initializing `detached-session-directory', this worked
incorrectly when users initialized `detached' while being on a
• Add an `initial-mode' property to a session. This enables sessions
that were created using `create' mode instead of `create-and-attach'
to inherit this property when a session is being rerun.
6 Version 0.8.0 (2022-09-02)
• Change to semantic versioning
• Update expectations on `detached-terminal-data-command' command,
user should now set it manually. This approach works better since it
doesn't cause any conflict when remote host and local host operating
• Improved handling of remote sessions. The package will not eagerly
try to watch sessions, it waits until user requests or that it finds
an open connection to the remote host.
• Detached tries to guess the `detached-terimal-data-command' based on
operating system, if that's not possible the user needs to set it
manually. Currently detection of `gnu/linux' and `darwin' is
• Detached now relies on the tool `tail' in order to attach to
degraded sessions. That means that `dtach' and `tail' are required
to properly use the package.
• Rename non-attachable sessions to degraded sessions.
• Remove tail command, favor using `attach' or `view'.
• Improve support for Emacsen. The PID of all detached Emacsen are
registered, this is done to be able to promote one Emacs to primary,
which has the responsibility to update the database.
• Add command to open a session's log file in `dired'.
• Remove the need for `detached-shell-history-file', the advice is
updated to figure out the history file based on the shell program.
• Remove the need for external `detached-env' script, the logic of the
script is moved into the package instead.
• Add `detached-terminal-data-command' which makes it possible for
users to tweak the command used to run `script'.
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [GNU ELPA] Detached version 0.9.2,
ELPA update <=