[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[GNU ELPA] Detached version 0.8.1
[GNU ELPA] Detached version 0.8.1
Thu, 08 Sep 2022 05:03:16 -0400
Version 0.8.1 of package Detached has just been released in GNU ELPA.
You can now find it in M-x package-list RET.
Detached describes itself as:
A package to launch, and manage, detached processes
More at https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/detached.html
DETACHED.EL - CHANGELOG
Table of Contents
2. Version 0.8.1 (2022-09-08)
3. Version 0.8.0 (2022-09-02)
4. Version 0.7 (2022-05-21)
2 Version 0.8.1 (2022-09-08)
• Adjust default location for sessions, from a directory under
`temporary-file-directory' to `user-emacs-directory'. This change is
for security reasons in case the user shares the computer with other
users. By default sessions will not be removed on reboots, the user
can use `M-x detached-delete-sessions' to clear old sessions
• Fix bug when initializing `detached-session-directory', this worked
incorrectly when users initialized `detached' while being on a
• Add an `initial-mode' property to a session. This enables sessions
that were created using `create' mode instead of `create-and-attach'
to inherit this property when a session is being rerun.
3 Version 0.8.0 (2022-09-02)
• Change to semantic versioning
• Update expectations on `detached-terminal-data-command' command,
user should now set it manually. This approach works better since it
doesn't cause any conflict when remote host and local host operating
• Improved handling of remote sessions. The package will not eagerly
try to watch sessions, it waits until user requests or that it finds
an open connection to the remote host.
• Detached tries to guess the `detached-terimal-data-command' based on
operating system, if that's not possible the user needs to set it
manually. Currently detection of `gnu/linux' and `darwin' is
• Detached now relies on the tool `tail' in order to attach to
degraded sessions. That means that `dtach' and `tail' are required
to properly use the package.
• Rename non-attachable sessions to degraded sessions.
• Remove tail command, favor using `attach' or `view'.
• Improve support for Emacsen. The PID of all detached Emacsen are
registered, this is done to be able to promote one Emacs to primary,
which has the responsibility to update the database.
• Add command to open a session's log file in `dired'.
• Remove the need for `detached-shell-history-file', the advice is
updated to figure out the history file based on the shell program.
• Remove the need for external `detached-env' script, the logic of the
script is moved into the package instead.
• Add `detached-terminal-data-command' which makes it possible for
users to tweak the command used to run `script'.
• Bug fix: Since the inception of the package there had been a bug
which only occurred on remote hosts, and which was caused by `shell'
not properly handling being adviced.
• The package makes sure to let-bind the kill-ring before killing
input in different modes, previously the killed text unintentionally
ended up in users kill-ring.
• Notification using the `alert' package is now present in the
`detached-extra.el' and therefore doesn't need to be manually added
4 Version 0.7 (2022-05-21)
• Rename `dtache' to `detached.el', source code has been moved to
• Introduce `dtache-init.el' and move integration of other packages
there. The integration now becomes even simpler for users of
• Rewrite `dtache' to enable the package to lazy load and not force
users to load it when starting Emacs.
• Make completion of sessions adapt to the current dtache
sessions. All of the sessions will be used to determine an an
appropriate width for the command width as well as each individual
annotation. Format has updated in `dtache-annotation-format' and a
`dtache-command-format' has been added, this supersedes the
• Improvements to `dtache-env'. The package will now control which
mode `dtache-env' should be run in. The mode is either `plain-text'
or `terminal-data'. The latter is enabled by default and allows
`dtache' to capture control sequences for e.g. colored output. This
update will require users to update their `dtache-env' scripts.
• Add integration with `dired' through `dired-do-shell-command'
• Add option to show a session's output when attaching to a it. This
feature is enabled with `dtache-show-output-on-attach'.
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [GNU ELPA] Detached version 0.8.1,
ELPA update <=