[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[GNU ELPA] Compat version 126.96.36.199
[GNU ELPA] Compat version 188.8.131.52
Mon, 18 Jul 2022 05:02:26 -0400
Version 184.108.40.206 of package Compat has just been released in GNU ELPA.
You can now find it in M-x package-list RET.
Compat describes itself as:
Emacs Lisp Compatibility Library
More at https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/compat.html
Release of "Compat" Version 220.127.116.11
The main change of this release has been the major simplification of
Compat's initialisation system, improving the situation around issues
people had been reporting (<https://todo.sr.ht/~pkal/compat/4>, once
again) with unconventional or unpopular packaging systems.
In addition to this, the following functional changes have been made:
• Fix `format-prompt' of an empty string as "default" argument
• Add `decoded-time-period' defined in Emacs 28
• Add `subr-primitive-p' defined in Emacs 28
Minor improvements to manual are also part of this release.
(Release <2022-07-18 Mon>)
Release of "Compat" Version 18.104.22.168
This release just contains a hot-fix for an issue introduced in the
last version, where compat.el raises an error during byte compilation.
(Release <2022-06-19 Sun>)
Release of "Compat" Version 22.214.171.124
Two main changes have necessitated a new patch release:
1. Fix issues related to the loading of compat when uncompiled. See
[this thread] for more details on the problem.
2. Fix issues related to the loading of compat on old pre-releases
(think of 28.0.50). See [this thread] for more details on the
(Released <2022-06-22 Wed>)
Release of "Compat" Version 126.96.36.199
This is a minor release fixing a bug in `json-serialize', that could
cause unintended side-effects, not related to packages using Compat
directly (see <https://todo.sr.ht/~pkal/compat/2>).
(Released <2022-05-05 Thu>)
Release of "Compat" Version 188.8.131.52
This release mostly fixes a number of smaller bugs that were not
identified as of 184.108.40.206. Nevertheless these warrent a version bump,
as some of these changes a functional. These include:
• The addition of the `file-attribute-*' accessor functions.
• The addition of `file-attribute-collect'.
• Improvements to the Texinfo manual (via Jonas Bernoulli's recent
work on `ox-texinfo'). For the time being, the Texinfo file is
maintained in the repository itself, next to the `MANUAL' file.
This might change in the future.
• Adding a prefix to `string-trim', `string-trim-left' and
`string-trim-right' (i.e. now `compat-string-trim',
`compat-string-trim-left' and `compat-string-trim-right')
• Improving the version inference used in the `compat-*' macros. This
improves the compile-time optimisation that strips away functions
that are known to be defined for a specific version.
• The addition of generalised variable (`setf') support for
• The addition of `image-property' and generalised variable support
• The addition of the function `compat-executable-find'.
• The addition of the function `compat-dired-get-marked-files'.
• The addition of the function `exec-path'.
• The addition of the function `make-lock-file-name'.
• The addition of the function `null-device'.
• The addition of the function `time-equal-p'.
• The addition of the function `date-days-in-month'.
• Handling out-of-directory byte compilation better.
• Fixing the usage and edge-cases of `and-let*'.
Furthermore a bug tracker was added:
<https://todo.sr.ht/~pkal/compat>, which is the preferred way to
report issues or feature requests. General problems, questions,
etc. are still better discussed on the development mailing list:
(Released <2022-04-22 Fri>)
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [GNU ELPA] Compat version 220.127.116.11,
ELPA update <=