[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[GNU ELPA] Dash version 2.19.0
[GNU ELPA] Dash version 2.19.0
Thu, 08 Jul 2021 17:02:20 -0400
Version 2.19.0 of package Dash has just been released in GNU ELPA.
You can now find it in M-x package-list RET.
Dash describes itself as:
A modern list library for Emacs
More at https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/dash.html
# Dash NEWS -- history of user-visible changes
Copyright (C) 2012-2021 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
See the end of the file for license conditions.
## Change log
### From 2.18.1 to 2.19.0
- Reverted a breaking change introduced in `2.18.0` that caused the
threading macro `-->` to be indented differently from `->` and
- Added and fixed Edebug specifications for many Dash macros (Philipp
Stephani, #380, #381).
#### New features
- The combinators `-on`, `-flip`, `-not`, `-andfn`, and `-orfn` now
return variadic functions that take any number of arguments (#308).
- New combinator `-rotate-args` similar to `-flip`, but for arbitrary
arglist rotations (suggested by @vapniks, #72).
- New function `-every` and its anaphoric macro counterpart `--every`.
They are like the existing `-every-p` and `--every-p`, respectively,
but return the last non-`nil` result instead of just `t`.
- New macro `--partition-after-pred` which affords
`-partition-after-pred` better performance (Per Weijnitz, #362).
### From 2.18.0 to 2.18.1
- Fixed a regression from `2.17` as well as a long-standing bug in
`--iterate`, which evaluated its arguments one too many times. This
in turn could lead to errors in `-flatten-n` when it tried
flattening certain structures too far (#373).
### From 2.17 to 2.18
This release absorbs the now obsolete `dash-functional` version
`1.3.0` into `dash`, and brings the very old version of `dash` on GNU
ELPA up to date.
Package maintainers should replace all uses of `dash-functional`,
which will eventually be deleted, with `dash` version `2.18.0`. For
more information on this, see:
- New function `-iota` for generating arithmetic sequences
- Calling `-list` with more than one argument is now deprecated.
- `-lambda` now accepts an empty argument list.
- New anaphoric macros `--reductions-from`, `--reductions`,
`--reductions-r-from`, and `--reductions-r` corresponding to the
analogous non-anaphoric functions.
- `-doto` threading now works as with `->`.
- New buffer-local minor mode `dash-fontify-mode` and globalized
counterpart `global-dash-fontify-mode` for fontifying special Dash
variables such as `it`, `it-index`, `acc`, etc. The minor mode also
fontifies calls to Dash macros in older Emacs versions which did not
dynamically detect macro calls.
This obsoletes the user option `dash-enable-fontlock` and the
function `dash-enable-font-lock`, which is now an alias of
- New command `dash-register-info-lookup` for integration with `C-h S`
(`info-lookup-symbol`). This command allows Dash symbols to be
looked up in the Dash manual just like Elisp symbols are looked up
in the Elisp manual. The command can be called directly when
needed, or automatically from your `user-init-file`. For example:
- Dash is now listed under the standard [Customization
`extensions` and `lisp`.
- The Dash manual is now licensed under the GNU Free Documentation
License version 1.3.
- Various other bug fix, performance, byte-compilation, and
### From 2.16 to 2.17
- Sped up `-uniq` by using hash-tables when possible (@cireu, #305).
- Fixed `-inits` to be non-destructive (@SwiftLawnGnome, #313).
- Fixed indent rules for `-some->` and family (@wbolster, #321).
- Added `-zip-lists` which always returns a list of proper lists, even for two
input lists (see issue #135).
### From 2.15 to 2.16
- Added `--doto`, anaphoric version of `-doto` (#282).
- Aliased `-cons-pair-p` to `-cons-pair?` (#288).
- Generalized `-rotate` for `|N|` greater t...
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [GNU ELPA] Dash version 2.19.0,
ELPA update <=