gnu-crypto-discuss

[GNU Crypto] Releases now on ftp.gnu.org; maintainer request

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: [GNU Crypto] Releases now on ftp.gnu.org; maintainer request
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:05:35 -0800

Hi list,

I've moved the GNU Crypto releases to ftp.gnu.org, so you can now get
the 2.0.x release series from:

   /gnu/gnu-crypto/binaries       For binary releases.
   /gnu/gnu-crypto/releases       For source releases.
   /gnu/gnu-crypto/test-vectors   For test vector tarballs.

I did this firstly because the gnu.org folks said it was ok to
distribute the package from there, and because I noticed that the
gnupg.org mirror bot was not indexing my private release point any
longer. We are, of course, thankful that gnupg.org hosted GNU Crypto
releases for us for so long (thanks!).

I'm also sending this to mention that I would like to step down as
maintainer of GNU Crypto, and would like to put the message out to
potential maintainers who might read this list before I officially
resign to the FSF. I've enjoyed hacking GNU Crypto, and I really
wanted to get 2.1 and all the stuff I'd started there released, but
given that I have a full-time job and am going to graduate school
part-time, I just don't have the time to work on it. About all I do
now, anyway, is respond to the occasional question on the list, and
flush out all the spam that arrives here.

Even if you aren't interested in maintaining the project, I would
appreciate it if someone could take over maintaining the mailing
list. Really, all this involves is deleting a spam message every one
or two days.

Happy hacking!

--
Casey Marshall || address@hidden