gnu-crypto-discuss

[GNU Crypto] build problems

From: Anthony Green
Subject: [GNU Crypto] build problems
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 07:41:31 -0700

Hi Casey,

I'm trying to do a gcj build of GNU Crypto from cvs sources.

The first problem I'm finding is that the Makefiles don't appear to
build all the source.  For instance,
security/javax/security/auth/DestroyFailedException.java is never built.

Also, the classpath is set to point at various jar files during the
build, but the order in which those jar files is built (SUBDIRS) is
wrong.  For instance, you need to build SASL_SUBDIR before source before
JCE_SUBDIR, or something like that.

Finally, in the gcj world, we've taken to installing jar files in
$(datadir)/java, and then a link to that jar file in
$(datadir)/java/ext, so gcj will find it automatically.  Do you think
this change would be OK?

I can spend a little time sorting these things out and submitting
patches, if you haven't already tackled these issues yourself.

Thanks!

AG

--
Anthony Green <address@hidden>