gnu-crypto-discuss

Re: [GNU Crypto] JUnit out, Mauve in

From: Raif S. Naffah
Subject: Re: [GNU Crypto] JUnit out, Mauve in
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 19:11:37 +1100

On Friday 20 December 2002 14:14, Casey Marshall wrote:
> Raif S. Naffah wrote:
> > next step is to get the jce sources integrated into the project.
> >
> > Casey, how do you want to proceed on this?
>
> The situation that makes the most sense to me is:
>
> - The JCE sources are kept under source/javax/crypto.

agreed.

> - The configure scripts have an option `--with-jce-jar' that takes a
> path argument,..

yes. it already has this for using an already installed jce lib.

>... and an option `--with-included-jce' that will build
> the JCE sources.

how about

   --enable-build-jce

from a standard 'configure --help,' enable-FEATURE and disable-FEATURE
seems to be the norm.

>... By default just the core library is made, and with
> either JCE option the cipher/MAC adapters are built.

agreed.  this is what we already do.

> - The Ant build uses a property `with.included.jce' similarly.

more generally this should have a similar wording to the above.

> Another option would be to keep the JCE framework self-contained,
> point people to its location (probably alongside GNU Crypto), and
> keep the GNU Crypto build process as-is.

naah.  i think once we get the integration done, we will not have to
worry about it for a long time.  one project is fine.

cheers;
rsn