gnu-crypto-discuss

[GNU Crypto] Re: Cryptography provider

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: [GNU Crypto] Re: Cryptography provider
Date: 03 Dec 2002 03:02:11 -0700

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

Mark> Casey made sure that the Bouncy Castle JCE stuff (javax.crypto
Mark> interfaces) works correctly with gcj and the GNU Crypto provider (a bit
Mark> like the RHUG stuff, but now all sources and build system are in one
Mark> place.)

Mark> A very cool thing of GNU Crypto is that it comes with gcj
Mark> optimized implementions of some of the algorithms. And the GNU
Mark> Crypto build system produces a native gnu-crypto.so shared
Mark> library that can be used directly by gcj compiled programs.

These are both very cool.  Care to add some links to the main gcj web
page?  Hint, hint...

Mark> I thought that all java.security problems in Classpath/libgcj
Mark> were fixed now. What is the remaining known problem in this
Mark> area?

PR 7416.  At startup we reference a file called "GNU libgcj.security".
The fix is to add the VM shortname feature we talked about a couple
weeks ago.

PR 3065.  Our java.security doesn't implement aliases.  Or if it does,
nobody told me and we should just close the PR -- I haven't dug into
the security code since around the time I submitted this PR.

Tom