Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch wiki being moved

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch wiki being moved
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 01:38:37 +0000

On 17 Jun 2006 16:19:30 -0700, Andy Tai wrote:

> On 6/17/06, Mikhael Goikhman <address@hidden> wrote:>
> >
> >OK, although I didn't speak about pages, but about implicit license of
> >new contributions (to either old or new pages).
>
> Due to "copyleft", licensing conditions of new contributions to old
> pages must be the same.

This is not very correct. The new contributions may be under GPL v2+,
that is certainly compatible with the old license.

> So we cannot extend the use of GPL v3 or later onto these pages.

And noone suggested this. However if the page changes list 2 contributors
and they both want to relicense, then this would be possible. By placing
new changes under GPL v2+, any possible relicensing is easier, if needed.

Regards,
Mikhael.