Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla 1.3.3 bugfixes

From: Sergio Gelato
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla 1.3.3 bugfixes
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 10:37:14 +0100

* Ludovic Courtès [2006-02-02 09:51:34 +0100]:
> Hi,
>
> Sergio Gelato <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > My patch switches to
> > using rel_record_nil as the argument list terminator.
>
> >From a quick grep through the source, this seems to be already fixed, at
> least in `libarch' --- except that the thing is called
> `rel_record_null'.

Fine. At the time I submitted my patch set (without being aware of the
mailing list's message size limit and without expecting the moderator
to take quite this long to review my submission) tla 1.3.3 was the
latest GNU release. I knew that development was taking place in bazaar,
but maybe someone was going to release a 1.3.4 maintenance update. I had
originally sent these patches directly to Tom Lord, not knowing
that he had stepped down as maintainer a few days earlier; absent an
official maintainer for the 1.3 branch, he advised me to send the patches
to this list. Unfortunately I don't have time to follow this list
closely so I didn't notice the delay.

So, has rel_record_nil been renamed to rel_record_null? Or is
rel_record_null of a different type, in which case the problem may not
have been fixed after all? (Chances are it is indeed fixed, but in order
to check that one needs to consider the data type of rel_record_null and
the internals of the function being called. Did your "quick grep"
include those steps?)