[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Adopting GNU Arch

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Adopting GNU Arch
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 18:36:37 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> I'm looking at adopting GNU Arch for revision management, more than likely
> tla.

tla is today the "canonical" client for Arch, so, yes, using Arch
means using tla.

*But*, you can use tla directly, or through a wrapper like fai
(command line) or xtla (Emacs interface). There are also some GUI, but
AFAIK, they're not actively maintained.

I recommend learning with tla, and using a wrapper for daily usage.

> What are the things I should consider when getting started? Best
> practices etc...

1) Read the tutorial
   http://regexps.srparish.net/tutorial-tla/arch.html

2) Have a look at the wiki