Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Aborting tla commit

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Aborting tla commit
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:34:42 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:
If the symlinks match the regex for category other than source or
unrecognized (such as precious, junk or backup), or they're source and
tagged as such, they won't cause an abort.  Otherwise, they will.

Actually, last time I checked, they still cause an abort if they're dangling
(even if they're marked as `backup', `precious', or `junk').
I think it's a bug (I'm still unsure about `source' danling symlinks).

Dangling symlinks show up in tree-lint, but they do not abort the commit, even if they're source. I think they do abort when you "commit --strict"

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology