[Gnu-arch-users] a second branch

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] a second branch
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:28:59 +1000

OK, I have a simple setup:

           stable
          /      \
developer1        developer2

with me being one of the developers, and the integrator that merges
changes from each developer. Stable is our pivot branch, from and into
which we star-merge.

Now, I have a change that will take me a good week or may be three, and
I want to develop this in a new branch, so I can make bug fixes in my
regular branch.

I'm assuming I use tag.

Should I tag off of developer1 (my dev branch) or tag another branch off
of stable?

If the former, then do I just star-merge the changes once completed into
stable, or into my developer1 branch and then into stable?

If none of it matters, are there any consequences to the alternatives?

tia
zen

--
Homepage: http://www.soulsound.net/
Please respect the confidentiality of this email as sensibly warranted.