[Gnu-arch-users] cscvs totla data and Arch revisions

From: Martin Langhoff
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs totla data and Arch revisions
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:06:30 +1200

I am reviewing the "cscvs totla" data in the sqlite database. I was
hoping to get enough data from the database tables to match Arch
revisions to totla csets. Curiously, the data isn't there.

So my questions go out to Robert, Charles and the list:

 - isn't there a mapping between cscvs changesets to the comitted
revisions? If it is there, where should I find it?

 - is it possible to get that info from `tla commit ` and put it in
the sqlite database? Reading through runTla() in totla.py, it seems
stdout is being discarded. I am tempted to try and capture it and do
some nasty perl-ism there, like parse the output for a match to
m/\-patch\-(\d+)/ and then put $1 in a new table in the database.

The goals are to automatically:

 - be able to create a cached revision on every important symbolic name/tag.

 - be able to create a new "tla branch" on every symbolic name/tag
that marks the beginning of a branch, and then use totla to track
those branches too.

I am trying to put an arch gateway for a cvs-ridden project, which is
very tidy in its use of branch names for symbolic and branch tags.
While I can open each branch manually, I really want to automate it.

cheers,

martin