Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Tla spork

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Tla spork
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:56:04 +0100

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 05:38:00PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 03:34:31PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 12:53:43PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> > > The question is whether the burden of learning something new is
> > > outweighed by the vast potential for abstraction offered by a very
> > > regular syntax
> >
> > That's a myth. Transforming between natural and prefix notation is
> > trivial, loses no data, [...]
>
> Right, but then there's the power of macros...
>
> Guess why it's so difficult to have powerful macro systems for
> non-lisp languages.

Here's a good guess: it isn't. That's another myth.

I could add code to gcc's C parser to implement any macro system you
care to specify. It would take no more than a few days.

I'm not going to waste a few days on something so useless just to
prove a point. But I could.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |