Re: [Gnu-arch-users] multiple committers, again

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] multiple committers, again
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:20:58 +0200

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 18:55:43 +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Martin Langhoff wrote:
>
> >  - developers working remotely:
> >     - a shared account, accessed with ssh keys over sftp. no
> > permissiosn/umask issues. This account can be locked down to avoid any
> > other use.
>
>       - using NFS, same issues as working locally

NFS mustn't be used over hostile network. It is not secured. If you have
a server on a backbone, you can't export nfs from it to your home
workstation. AFS would work, but that's quite hard to set up.

>       - using WebDAV, should be no hassles at all (tho' admittedly
>         I've never actually tried it with Arch)

If you don't administer the server and the admin is not willing to
enable WebDAV support, it's not usable either.