[Gnu-arch-users] implicit tag PANIC is a bug

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] implicit tag PANIC is a bug
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:34:43 -0500

I just went back to a 1.1pre9 tla and did, as RCollins suggested,
tla inventory --ids.

The tag which causes the panic in 1.2.1 is shown in full.  It is
not truncated.  So, I accept your bet for the beer. :)  This
would seem to indicate that the new behavior is a bug.

This bug makes it impossible to get trees that contain implicit
tags which cross the 1k barrier from the top of the file, whether
or not the tag is fully within the bottom 1k.

The release I used is 1.2.1 from ftp.gnu.org.

Bob