[Gnu-arch-users] Coordinate changes between two projects?

From: Andrew M Wilcox
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Coordinate changes between two projects?
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:58:34 -0400

I have two projects that I'm working on, a library and an application
that uses that library.

Since I'm working on both at the same time, I often make updates that,
from a high-level point of view, should really be part of a single
changeset: I'll change the interface of the library, and then refactor
the application to work with the changed interface.

(This is different than adding new features to the library and then
extending the application to make of those new features: I would
logically consider that to be two different changesets).

Is there a way in arch to make a changeset span two projects?  Or make
a "super changeset" that encompasses two changesets?

Or, since I'm working fast and furious on both the library and the
application, maybe it would make sense to keep both in the same
project for now.  However, I'd like to release the library as open
source as soon as possible, while the application is commerical, so I'd
like to keep the library in its own project so that I can publish it
as an arch archive.

Thanks for the help,

Andrew Wilcox