[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Tla spork

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Tla spork
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:59:02 +0900

address@hidden (James Blackwell) writes:
>> "spork"?  Come on.  That is evocative of nothing relevant.

Not true -- as James explained in his original post, a spork _is_ a
sort of fork, except safer and less serious.

> Are you happier with "tla diverge" ?

I quite like "spork" actually, it's short and funny, and easy enough
to remember given the explanation ("like `fork', but sillier").

The word "diverge", on the other hand, sounds even _more_ serious and
grave than "fork" (though the latter has a negative connotation).
I'd be afraid to use it!

[colleague walks into room:  "Miles, have you ... diverged?"]

-Miles
--
My spirit felt washed.  With blood.  [Eli Shin, on "The Passion of the Christ"]