Re: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] update: tree has no common history with v

From: Amit Shah
Subject: Re: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] update: tree has no common history with version
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:02:11 +0530

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:39:35 -0400, Aaron Bentley
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Amit Shah wrote:
> > On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:34:32 -0400, Aaron Bentley
> > <address@hidden> wrote:

> >>This is the problem.  Don't ever get using the -MIRROR or -SOURCE name.
> >>  Always use the real archive name and you'll be fine.
> >

> > hmm, okay. So now another problem.
> >
> > I put the MIRROR in a directory accessible via sftp.
> >
> > I do register-archive with address@hidden/test--main--1.0
> >
> > and then a tla get. Same behavior.
>
> It was helpful when you showed the commands and output in your last
> email.  Did you repeat all the steps, or just do get?  You must have
> unregistered your old archive, I'd expect.  Is that right?

Oh, I forgot to mention, the mirror was on the current machine, but I
created a new user and repeated the exact same steps (starting from
tla my-id) to register an archive, etc. So I didn't have to unregister
anything... 'cos I started from scratch.

> Mirrors can be local or remote.  If the mirror has the real name, you
> can get, but not commit.  If the mirror has another name, you can't get.

In this case, it's a remote mirror (which is on my machine,
magrathea).  The 'remote' machine I'm talking about, where I created a
new user, etc, is a friend's laptop to which I don't have access right
now; I'll post the commands and their output tomorrow.

The other part of the sentence is confusing.

Amit.
--
Amit Shah
http://amitshah.nav.to/