Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Preventing matches in regular expressions

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Preventing matches in regular expressions
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 01:00:13 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>

    > I'd rather change the way Arch works: process the directives in the order
    > in which they appear in the file.  So you could just say
    >
    >    unrecognized ^fox\.zip$
    >    backup \.zip$

That's the same thing, really, as what abentley wants.

It's entirely practical.   It's not even a huge amount of work.

It's a great idea.   Let's do it.

It's just that it's very, very critical work and if you screw it up
you can really mess up all arch users (and/or all hackerlab users).

We need someone (qualified) who can say "Ok, I'll spend 4 weeks on
that.  It's only a tiny bit of code changes.... but with 4 weeks I can
certainly nail them."

So, what's that at retail.... like $20K...$25K or so?  (I.e., it's a
labor-shortage-problem, not a hard-to-solve problem.)