Re: [Gnu-arch-users] controlling /etc with arch

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] controlling /etc with arch
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 11:17:09 +0200

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 10:09:49 +0100, Robin Green wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 08:21:20AM +0200, Jan Hudec wrote:
> > And you need to commit periodicaly. I call tla diff || tla commit from
> > cron.
>
> But then you don't get coherent changesets with good summaries.

No, I dont :-(. It depends what one wants. I use it mainly because we
are two supervisors for that server and when one of us changes
something, the other one should know. Since cron mails output of the
commands and since the diff (tla has no diff, it's changes --diffs, of
course) outputs the changes, it gets mailed to both of us. Which is the
most important point here.