[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Regexp problems

From: Ron Parker
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Regexp problems
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 10:41:12 -0500

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 22:08:05 -0500, Ron Parker <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am having problems with the hackerlab regexps.
> When I am using this on the Mac the runtime library starts giving me
> errors about writing into a freed memory block.

Never mind, I've been fat-fingering things for days and had
accidentally deleted an expression. This was not a bug in hackerlab.
The nice libgmalloc in Xcode 1.2 helped me find it. If you develop on
a Mac and don't already know about it, think ElectricFence for Mac OS
X, http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~ejalbert/archives/2004/05/19.html#001237.

> Unfortunately this is occurring in a forked process and debugging
> those on Mac OS X is somewhat flaky, in my experience.

FWIW Xcode 1.2 includes an updated gdb that appears to correct this
issue as well.