[Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch-perl and archzoom

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch-perl and archzoom
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 10:07:38 +0000

On 31 Jul 2004 20:49:05 -0400, Alejandro Mery wrote:

> hi, i just noticed archzoom is has a symlink to a parallel project
> called arch-perl.
>
> what is arch-perl? will be officially referenced by this symlink?

Please read README and REQUIREMENTS files of archzoom.  arch-perl is
required when building from the arch-managed sources. On the other hand,
the released tarball includes the arch-perl library inline.

You may find a brief project explanation in arch-perl/README. The Arch
class tree will be uploaded to CPAN in the future, when it is ready.
Currently the design and the implementation are usable and handy for
certain projects, but far from being complete.

I plan to write about arch-perl library and the projects that use it
later in August. Right now I am a bit busy with preparing a Revision
Control Systems talk for one local group.

Regards,
Mikhael.